EMERGENCY PLUMBING HELP NOW
emergency call - 6am-6pm
Electrical Service Panel Upgrades in Independence
If you are looking for electrical service panel upgrades, we are here to help you. At Independence Plumbing, we have a tremendous amount of experience with electrical panel upgrades, and we can leverage our experience to assist you. Learn more about how we can help you with your electrical service panels below.
When Would You Need an Electrical Service Panel Upgrade?
There are a few signs that might indicate you need electrical service panel upgrades. They include:
- If your electrical service panel is more than 25 years old, it is probably time to replace it.
- The smell of something burning in your electrical panel is a sign that it’s time to get a new one.
- If your circuit breakers are continuously tripping, it might be time to get a new panel.
- If your electrical service panels are making strange noises, they might need to be replaced.
If you notice any of these signs, you need to reach out to a trained electrician as quickly as possible.
Pricing Basis of an Electrical Service Panel Upgrade
A lot of people are concerned about how much panel upgrades cost. There are a few factors that will impact the price of this replacement. They include:
- The longer it takes to complete the upgrade, the more expensive the process will be. A lot of electricians charge by the hour.
- There are multiple types of electrical panels. Newer, larger panels tend to cost more money than older, smaller ones.
- There are some situations where you might need to replace multiple panels. If you need to swap out multiple electrical panels, it may cost more money.
If you have questions about how much panel upgrades cost, you should talk to an electrician about your budget.
Types of Electrical Panel Upgrades
In general, there are four separate types of electrical service panels that might need to be upgraded. They include:
- The main electrical panel controls how electricity is distributed throughout the building. You can use the main electrical panel to shut off all power to the building in the event of an emergency.
- You might also have the main lug panel. With the main lug panel, there is no main breaker, but there are still conduits that control the flow of wires throughout the house.
- If you have multiple circuits in one area of your house, then you may have sub-panels. These electrical panels might need to be replaced from time to time as well.
- You may also have transfer switches, which are responsible for transferring power from a generator into electrical power.
All of these electrical components should be inspected regularly.
Finding the Right Electrician for Upgrading Your Panels
If you are looking for an electrician who can help with upgrades, a few factors you should consider include:
- The experience the electrician has with electrical panel upgrades
- Whether the electrician is properly licensed and insured
- How transparent the pricing structure is
Count on Independence Plumbing to help with your electrical panel upgrades.
Talk With the Experts!
If you are looking for help with electrical service panel upgrades, we are here to help you. At Independence Plumbing, we always put the needs of our customers first, and we can do the same for you. Contact us today to learn more about our services!